Salford, Greater Manchester
8 months ago
Responsive Repairs Surveyor
Full time, flexible working (36 hours)
Our client, a large social housing organisation based in Salford, are looking for a Surveyor on a temporary basis, to assist the Responsive Repairs Manager in the future direction and planning of service delivery.
The Responsive repairs Surveyor will be responsible for supervising a team of trades operatives and other designated staff to provide an outstanding "right first time" service to customers.
The successful individual will be responsible for ensuring a flexible, productive, co-ordinated and efficient response is provided to customers on a wide range of services covering property maintenance, post inspection and improvement work where appropriate.
Duties of the Responsive Repairs Surveyor role will include, but is not limited to:
- You will be responsible for a designated team of trade's staff as and when required
- You will be expected to mentor and guide Construction Operatives, Apprentices and Work Experience placements that will be assigned to you as part of your job role
- Ensure works are programmed to demonstrate value for money, high levels of quality and customer satisfaction
- Undertake post inspections/Internal Audits of works completed by the team
- Supervise and organise a team of operatives carrying out repairs in order to ensure work is completed to a good standard, within timescales and to the customer's satisfaction
- Attend, present and deliver Toolbox Talks as and when required and to contribute to the planning and delivery of training and development activities within Property Plus
- To ensure that performance and quality targets are met in accordance with the Performance Frameworks
- Undertake the correct diagnosis and method of responsive maintenance to achieve right first time and outstanding customer service
- Contribute to the financial viability of the responsive repairs service by ensuring all work is correctly recorded and SMV codes are accurately recorded
- Maintain communication with the Property Management Team and all customers
- Adopt a flexible approach to work, undertaking and promoting work within a Multi Trade/ multi skill environment to avoid duplication and follow on work being passed to other front line staff
- Responsible for your own health and safety and the safety of others as indicated in the company Health and Safety Policy. This will include ensuring the team comply with safe methods of work and use equipment and PPE safely and correctly, and you contribute to the review of risk assessments, and report incidents and accidents in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the development of a core range of materials, consumables and individual vehicle stocks to meet the demand of the responsive maintenance service
The successful candidate will have:
- NVQ Level 2/3 Trade qualification
- Completion of multi skilled in house training with either an additional nationally recognised trade qualification or an approved certificated qualification
- Proven supervisory and team leader experience
- Practical and proven working experience of multi trades
- Working knowledge of current building regulations, construction industry safety regulations, relevant British standards and codes of practice
- Mentoring trainees and apprentices
If you believe that you are well-suited to the role of Responsive Repairs Surveyor, please apply. For additional information, please contact Tiffany Biddle at Sellick Partnership.