7 months ago
We are working with an organisation in Hertfordshire who are seeking an experienced Repairs Manager to join their team on a temporary basis
Responsibilities of the Repairs Manager include:
- Leading, directing and managing day-to-day repairs and voids teams
- Co-ordinating and directing the use of sub-contractors
- Acting on behalf of the Service Manager in the management of repairs and voids service
- Managing the delivery of a repairs, void services and sub-contractors ensuring all resources including materials are used effectively
- Monitoring budgets and producing strategies
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of legislation and best practices
- Preparing specifications and obtaining tenders or quotations for works in occupied and empty properties
- Liaising directly with contractors to ensure works are completed to the highest possible standards
Criteria of the Repairs Manager:
- Previous repairs/maintenance management is essential
- Professional qualification e.g. MCIOB, MRICS or FRICS is desirable
- Knowledge of the current housing environment, including regulatory standards, construction regulations and legislation
- Willingness to participate in the out of hours standby rota
- Ability to carry out maintenance and repair inspections, including the ability to work at heights is essential
- Required to have a full UK driving license and access to a vehicle.
Please apply now for an immediate start.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.