Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
about 2 months ago
Repairs Manager required to join a public sector organisation in Middlesbrough. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Repairs Manager to join their team on a temporary basis.
As the Repairs Manager you will be ensuring Repairs and Maintenance is developed as a flagship service to the organisation and other external clients and customers.
Key responsibilities of the Repairs Manager:
- Provide supervision, leadership and guidance to motivate staff to deliver the highest quality service and reach performance targets
- Suggest appropriate action to address weak areas of performance, within own team or the wider directorate
- Maintain the quality of service delivery through constant monitoring to implement minor improvements to the service and ensure continuous improvement is achieved
- Responsible for all performance management activities relating to the team including full sickness and absence management processes, appraisals and regular 1:1s
- Responsible for the weekly output performance of the trade operatives within the team; determining reasons for any operative who is not completing work against agreed KPIs and the implementation of remedial action and work plans to achieve target
- To resolve complaint and dissatisfaction cases, from both within and external to the organisation, with the ability to confidently challenge and resolve difficult issues with a satisfactory outcome
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that Repairs and Maintenance Service is seen as an innovative and forward thinking business stream
- Project management of contractors utilising frameworks and contracts
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety regulations ensuring that safe working practices are not only maintained but embedded in day to day operations
- Participation in the Supervisor on-call and standby rota
Required skills and experience of the Repairs Manager:
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent or professionally qualified in construction management
- Essential Gas qualifications along with demonstrable knowledge and experience of Gas Safety and associated works to ensure full compliance with Regulations, British Standards, ACOPs and Guidance
- Full UK Driving Licence
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Repairs Manager role, please apply now, or contact Lucie Houston at Sellick Partnership.
Disclaimer: Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.