Manchester, Greater Manchester, N. W. England, England
£375 - £400 per day
about 1 month ago
We have an excellent opportunity for a technically strong Financial Accountant to join a market leading Financial Services business on a interim basis. You will work as part of the Group Finance team with the main purpose of the role is to prepare and process all regulatory reports.
The delivery of accurate and timely financial and regulatory reporting is key for the group. As a qualified accountant with significant financial reporting experience, the role plays a key part in ensuring both internal, Group and Regulatory reporting demands are met. As a technical specialist the role holder will be a subject matter expert, sharing knowledge with colleagues and working with cross-functional technical teams to support wider reporting needs.
* Responsible for the production and delivery of regulatory reporting (including Solvency II) and supporting the production of PRA reporting
* Production of periodic ledger reconciliations with timely resolution of outstanding balances or differences
* Provide support to the annual external audit process, including liaison with external auditors
* Support the accurate and timely production of regular balance sheet forecasting, including liaison with the Actuarial and Capital teams to support regulatory solvency requirement
* Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant technical regulatory reporting requirements and accounting standards and rules including Solvency II, IFRS, financial reporting and taxation.
* Involvement in Finance specific and cross-functional projects, providing financial reporting support and guidance where needed
* Build, maintain and develop strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to support ledger accuracy and provision
* Provide cover and support for reporting of the investment portfolio, including the preparation of papers for Executive and Board level Committees and liaison with third party asset managers
* Provide cover and support for the accurate and timely production of periodic financial reporting, including monthly profit & loss and balance sheet reporting, ledger reconciliation and statutory reporting including interim and annual accounts
* To assist in maintaining the integrity and accuracy of insurance ledger information, including ledger postings and ensuring ledger data is fit for purpose given the MI, regulatory and statutory reporting requirements of the business
* Provide cover and support to the Financial Reporting Manager and other Reporting Accountants as required with both business as usual and ad hoc tasks to support the delivery of the financial reporting
The successful candidate will be professionally Qualified (CIMA,ACCA,ACA) and be technically strong with Regulatory Reporting within a Financial Services Business. You will be adaptable to changing environments ideally as a professional contractor.
For more information on this role please forward your CV to Martin ASAP.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.