£44760 - £52701 per annum + + flexible working arrangements
about 1 year ago
Research Contracts Managers (Legal)
£44,000 - £53,000 per annum
Permanent - Full-time
Contracts Mangers required to join a prestigious London University, based in Central London. The successful contract managers will be required to work within a dedicated team to provide comprehensive research contract negotiation and management services. Our client is looking for contracts managers to take responsibility for drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide range of research agreements; this involves an equally broad base of funders and collaborators. The successful contracts managers will take on the representation of our client at meetings both with external funders and collaborators along with their legal representatives. The contracts managers will also be responsible for liaising with research and academic staff to establish contracting requirements. The role is currently available on a remote working basis with continued flexible working in the future.
Key Responsibilities of the Contracts Manager
- Negotiating with funders and collaborators
- Reviewing, advising on, drafting and negotiating a wide range of research agreements
- Representing the university at meetings with external funders and collaborators
- Liaising and interacting with research and academic staff
- Providing specialist advice with respect to complex legal/ contractual issues
- Liaising with business managers
Required skills and experience of the Contracts Manager
- A qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- Experience of drafting, negotiating and concluding research contract
- A knowledge of key research contract topics
- Practice in identifying and assessing potential down-side risks in conducting research
- Able to prioritise and manage a large, complex workload
- A high level of competency in standard software packages
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Mark Bladen in our London office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.