£40000 - £55000 per annum + benefits
7 months ago
We're currently recruiting for a Reserving Actuary for a leading Top 10 General Insurer who are looking to add to their team following a period of sustained growth.
The Reserving Actuary will be involved in the following:
- Working within a team of six, you will also be involved in assisting in the day to day management and coaching of other team members
- The role will be tailored around the successful candidate's skill level and ability, but as a guide our client is looking to appoint a self-starter with strong technical skills and the ability to see the bigger picture
- There is currently a number of internal transformation projects taking place in the business, so experience of being able to adapt to changes of systems and processes would be advantageous
- Our client has a complex and diverse insurance portfolio ensuring work for their Actuarial employees is both challenging and interesting
Required experience for the Reserving Actuary:
- Ideally you will be a General Insurance Actuary with prior Reserving experience
- Our client is also open to considering very strong candidates wishing to move to General Insurance Reserving from another discipline - Investment, Life, Pensions
- You will have recently qualified or be a student who is at the latter stages of exams
- Ability to communicate complex Actuarial concepts to non-technical audiences through report writing and presentations
- Good attitude and an eagerness to learn and develop
- Strong academic record and good exam progress (if applicable)
This is an exciting opportunity to join an employer that is recognised as a 'Great Place to Work' whilst adding value to the wider team.
In addition to a market leading salary there is an achievable 20% bonus, 12% pension and flexible working hours.
Please apply below to be considered for this role, or contact Austin Brislen for a confidential informal chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.