City of London, London
2 months ago
Role & Company
Contract based Reserving Actuary sought for a major UK General Insurance business, based in the City of London. Sellick Partnership are working directly with a unique Reserving team in a strong and stable Actuarial function.
Due to an internal restructure, this established outsourced Reserving function is now being brought in house to become completely embedded within the company framework and values.
As such, this highly varied role will see the successful Reserving Actuary undertake a project focus covering a range of Actuarial activities including Reserving, IFRS17, Solvency II and the in-house transformation of the Actuarial function as a whole.
You will act as the go to Actuarial contact for with software providers to integrate the programmes within the Actuarial function. This will require you to work closely with the wider Actuarial team as well as a range of stakeholders.
Requirements and responsibilities of the Reserving Actuary
- Nearly/Newly qualified Actuary with strong Reserving experience
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder engagement is desired
- IFRS17 experience is advantageous but not essential
- Prior people management experience or the desire to people manage
- Ambition to make a significant difference within a fast changing Reserving function
- ResQ proficiency is essential
- Proficiency with R, Python, SAS and SQL is desirable
- Highly competitive day rate
- Initial 6 month contract with a strong potential for renewal and further work
- Hybrid working of once per week in the London office - Fully remote is available if needed
- Full IT equipment to be sent direct
For further information please contact Sellick Partnership and ask for Josh Spencer or any of the Actuarial team for a confidential chat on 0151 224 1480 or email Josh.Spencer@sellickpartnership.co.uk
The client has set a closing date for 31st March with a start scheduled for as soon as possible.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.