City of London, London
£75000 - £100000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership are currently partnered with a leading London Market Insurer as they seek to recruit a new Reserving Actuary. This is a highly visible appointment for our client, who are currently undergoing an exciting period of Actuarial transformation.
This will role will provide the successful Reserving Actuary with an excellent opportunity to work across a variety of highly specialised London Market products.
Responsibilities of the Reserving Actuary:
- Conduct monthly and quarterly reserve reviews
- Play a key role in our client's Actuarial Transformation Program
- Take technical responsibility for a variety of classes of business
- Engage extensively with various internal teams, particularly Underwriting and Claims
- Conduct ad hoc data analysis using SQL and SAS
- Provide training and mentoring to junior colleagues
Skills and experience:
- Newly or newly qualified Actuary
- Extensive Reserving experience, preferably within the London Market
- Highly numeric degree (or equivalent) from a top university
- Excellent communicator
- Extensive experience of using specialist software such as ResQ
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure environment
Rewards and benefits:
- Salary up to £100k
- Discretionary bonus
- Strong pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Various other flexible benefits
If you think this opportunity to join your skills with a household name in General Insurance could be of interest, please apply below with your CV or contact Charlie Christian on 0151 224 1480.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.