£55000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus, Pension, Medical
about 1 year ago
Reserving Manager sought for one of the leading names in General Insurance. Our client is seeking an experienced Reserving Manager to support the Head of Capital & Reserving. The Reserving Manager would be responsible for the defence of all Property and Causality risk activities and reporting to internal stakeholders.
Our client is very forward thinking and has already begun integrating Data Science / Machine Learning techniques into their business as usual Actuarial processes - experience of doing this is not required, but you should be open to embracing new ways of working in this space.
Responsibilities of the Reserving Manager:
- Leading a team of analysts to complete reviews of the total reserves
- Preparing and Presenting papers for the risk committee
- Identifying areas requiring support / investigation
- Supervising development of tools and methods to ensure the independent reserve review is efficient and up to date
- Supporting Capital & Reserving team in their activates
- Assisting in the creation of Solvency Reports
Skills and experience of the Reserving Manager:
- Actuarial / General Insurance professional qualification (advantageous) - although those demonstrating equivalent insurance knowledge will be equally considered
- Qualified / nearly Qualified Actuary (advantageous) - although those qualified by experience will be equally considered
- Experience in working at a managerial level
- Experience in reporting and presenting to Executives, Senior Management and Regulators
- A solid background in General Insurance
- Understand regulatory framework
Rewards and benefits:
- Annual Bonus
- 28 days' annual leave
- Flexible benefits
- Discount on company's products
For further information apply with your CV below.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.