Manchester, Greater Manchester
8 months ago
My client is a leading Legal 500 full service law firm based in Manchester city centre. They have built a reputation for consistent client satisfaction. This success is solidified in their commitment to building a team of passionate and dedicated legal professionals. In 2018 my client were ranked in the top 50 in the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to work for. My client now require a Conveyancing assistant to join their busy Residential department on a full-time, permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be supporting the conveyancing fee earners to operate at
optimum efficiency and to provide an excellent level of client service.
Daily duties would include:
- Receiving telephone calls into the department; dealing with the calls as far as is possible and directing the calls where appropriate.
- Dealing with straightforward enquiries
- Making calls to clients and third parties involved in the conveyancing transaction.
- Ordering searches
- Drafting search reports and mortgage reports under the supervision of a conveyancer
- Responding promptly to requests for updates from clients, estate agents, brokers and introducers.
- Updating introducer portals where necessary
- Preparing contract packs
- Ordering documents from HMLR.
- Ordering bankruptcy searches, priority searches and company searches
- Log post in
- Preparing files for completion
- Ensuring that the case management is fully up to date
- Undertaking any specific training when required to do so.
- Ensuring clients and introducers receive the best possible service at all times
- Using own initiative to progress files within the limits of own ability
- Flagging any issues/concerns to conveyancer with responsibility for the matter
- Undertaking any other tasks that may be required to assist the department
In return the successful conveyancing assistant will receive an above market rate salary whilst working in a well-established residential team with fantastic opportunities to progress.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.