York, North Yorkshire
£18000 - £20000 per annum
12 months ago
Are you an ambitious and enthusiastic Legal Secretary/Assistant looking to develop your career in a growing firm? My client, a long established multi office firm are looking for an experienced Legal Assistant to join their award winning Residential Property team based at their York office. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious candidate to develop their career in a growing firm with genuine long term opportunities for development.
The firm's busy Residential Property department specialises in numerous transactions including: sales and purchases, transfer of equity, re-mortgages, planning and boundary enquires and investment property. This role will provide a high level of support to the Fee Earners and will assist in the provision of an efficient, personal and professional service at all times, ensuring that business objectives are achieved.
The successful candidate will work very closely with the Legal Advisor and although they will not have set fee targets, they will hold their own files and attend regular review meetings. You will provide support on all aspects of caseload from instruction through to completion on a variety of matters, including sales, purchase, transfers of equity and re-mortgage.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role within Residential Property
- Experience of dealing with completions and holding files (advantageous)
- The ability to think creatively, laterally and commercially (balancing rules, regulations, risks and client interests)
- The dedication to keep up to date with a continually evolving area of law
- The ability to develop a real understanding of our clients' business, how it works, current and future strategies and its relationships with customers, suppliers and partners
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both face to face and over the phone
- Experience of use of IT systems; digital dictation, case management, MS Word and Outlook
The firm are offering a friendly and supportive working environment, a competitive salary package with 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, health plan, generous staff discounts plus more.
If you are looking for a new change and this sounds like this could be you please apply now, or alternatively call Ross Wallace on 0113 246 9775 or email email@example.com.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.