Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £19209.66 per annum + pension plan
9 months ago
Full Time, Permanent
Scheme Officer required to join a supported housing organisation based in Birmingham. My client is looking for a positive, customer focussed individual who is an experienced Scheme Officer to join their team on a full time, permanent basis.
As the Scheme Officer you will be working within the supported housing team reporting to the Senior Scheme Officer. You will perform Scheme Officer duties associated with all service provisions within the team alongside other responsibilities as below:
Key responsibilities of the Scheme Officer:
- Carrying out assessment and selection of potential applicants, making accommodation offers and signing up tenants
- Arranging and attending 'settling in' visits and carrying out inspections
- Providing void management including logging voids on the system, monitoring liaison with relevant parties and providing void referrals
- Dealing with rent accounts queries regarding payments, accounts and maximisation of income
- Handling rent arrears, collecting rent and service charges and dealing with debt recovery for ex tenants
- Providing support to tenants with housing benefit applications and liaising with relevant services to establish statuses of claims or reasons why claims may have been stopped
- Handling tenant queries and issues such as ASB and complaints; providing resolutions where required
- Carrying out risk assessments and support plans where necessary
- Producing regular and detailed reports and attending meetings where required
Required skills and experience of the Scheme Officer:
- Experience of working as a Scheme Officer within supported housing is essential
- Demonstrable experience of working with vulnerable individuals
- Good working knowledge of rent collection and arrears, void control, supporting tenants and dealing with difficult tenants
- Displays a positive, unbiased attitude, is a team player and demonstrates excellent customer service
- An enhanced DBS is desirable, although not essential, as the organisation will process one for the successful candidate
- Must have a current full driving licence
This is fantastic opportunity to join a company with an inclusive culture who offer honesty and professional services to everyone. Our client also offers a pension plan, ongoing training and development opportunities and regular one to ones.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Scheme Officer role, please apply now, or contact Laura Smedley-Williams at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice.