£15000 - £25000 per annum + study support, working from home, pension
over 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for mutiple Semi-Senior Accountants to join one of our leading Accountancy and Tax Practises. We are looking for someone who already has a background working in a similar environment, preferably with 2 - 3 years' experience. The role could also suit someone from an industry background, who has the relevant experience and wanting to build a career within an accountancy firm.
The person will need to assist the firm's existing partners and managers in the preparation of annual accounts and tax returns and will also be able to work independently carrying out client bookkeeping services toward the completion of VAT Returns. The firm is offering study support, alongside flexibility to working from home and from the office.
Bookkeeping and VAT
- Accurate data inputting of client source records into a bookkeeping software system.
- Reconciling the key control data in the bookkeeping software with original documents.
- Production of VAT Returns from a varied range of data.
- Working alongside partners and managers as part of a team.
- Dealing directly with clients regarding various aspects of their bookkeeping systems.
- Preparation of client annual financial statements from their accounting records in a format required by company law and General Accepted Accountancy Practice.
- Ensuring all working papers are complete, accurate and fully referenced.
- Provision of salient notes and queries for manager/partner to review with the client.
- Dealing directly with clients regarding queries arising during the production of annual accounts.
- Preparation of draft tax computations based on the financial results of the client.
- Completion of tax returns based on the client's information provided and our own workings.
- Ensuring that Engagement Letters are complete for the client.
- Ensuring that all money laundering procedures are followed.
Other areas of work
Working on audit assignments may also be a feature of the successful candidate's role and experience in this area would be an advantage but is not essential. We believe that our accountants require a comprehensive understanding of the industry and tax system and the successful candidate will be provided with in-house training to enhance their skills in the duties outlined above.
Good customer service awareness, with strong communication skills for liaising with clients and colleagues.
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work to deadlines and organise workload
- Excellent telephone manner
- Be able to work in a team and independently
Our client is hoping to get someone settle in the role as soon as possible, therefore, if your experience meets the criteria above, please apply now for immediate consideration.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.