Up to £48000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership are delighted to be working once again with one of the North East's largest housing associations to recruit a Senior Accountant. This is a fixed term contract for a period of 12 months.
The Senior Accountant will provide financial information and guidance to support the delivery of the Group's capital programme, including the annual Investment Plan.
- Support budget holders in the preparation of phased revenue and capital budgets, forecasts and longer term plans and support any performance reviews/budget setting meetings.
- Support with the annual business planning process, including preparation, stress testing and variance analysis.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly management accounts are produced, distributed and followed up. Perform monthly analytical reviews to identify any errors and highlight significant variances ensuring all balance sheet accounts and ledgers are reconciled.
- Ensure that the Statutory Accounts, regulatory returns and corporate tax returns are completed in accordance with the relevant legislation including notes and supporting documentation.
- Support with the maintenance and monitoring of the fixed asset registers.
The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of 2 years' post accountancy qualification experience with a background in contributing to strategic development and a desire to innovate and exceed industry best practice. You should also have a good level of presentation and report writing skills, strong technical skills with high level specialist knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and the ability to provide professional advice and guidance.
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 29 days, plus 8 public holidays
- 36 hours per week - flexible working options / 12:30pm finish on a Friday
- Defined Contribution pension scheme, with a maximum employer contribution of 10%
- Life Assurance - up to 3x times basic salary
- Health Cash Plan covering a wide range of treatments from routine appointments to specialist surgery
- Online employee discount platform offering cashback and savings with leading UK retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme offering 24/7 confidential support and access to counselling
- Car mileage allowance (where applicable)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly leave entitlement
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Helen Dodds in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion.
Do you know someone who is looking for a new job? Why not recommend them to Sellick Partnership and earn up to £1,000?
For every friend or colleague you refer that is placed by us, we will give you £100 worth of vouchers. If you refer more than one candidate to us within a 12 month period we will increase your reward accordingly. T&Cs apply, please see our website for further details.
Sellick Partnership is a marketleading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.