Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£28000 - £33000 per annum
5 months ago
A well know Accountancy Practice situated in the city centre of Newcastle are currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant on a Perm basis.
The Senior Accountant will be expected to:
- The completion of year-end accounts, CT600, and Corporation Tax computations.
- Completion of Self-Assessment Tax Returns.
- Co-ordination and management of payroll, VAT, and administration duties.
- Meet statutory deadlines for VAT, Payroll, Statutory Accounts, Company and Self-Assessment Tax Returns.
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients.
- Taking on and managing new clients.
- Growing the business through referrals.
- Offer bespoke accountancy, taxation and tax planning advice.
- Advise clients in relation to IR35 and the associated implications of this legislation.
- Respond to client enquiries in line with the company guarantee policy.
- Manage the client relationship whilst building a strong rapport and developing client loyalty.
- Training, coaching and mentoring of colleagues.
- Quality control and file reviews of colleagues.
- Supporting team members with more complex accounting scenarios.
- Support the team, and Team Manager, to continuously deliver the agreed level of service
Skills & Experience:
- Experience within an accountancy practice
- Previously been responsible for managing a portfolio of clients
- Part-qualified/ Qualified accountant (ACCA/ ATT) or equivalent commercial experience
- Knowledge of revenue guidelines
- Knowledge of investment properties, buy to lets, share dealing accounts
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Good time management and organisation skills
- First class customer service skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally
- Professional attitude
- Enthusiastic team player
- Adaptable and positive attitude to change
- Empathetic to client's requirements
- A Knowledge of IRIS software packages is highly desirable
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.