Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
Up to £20000 per annum + Study Support
4 months ago
I am currently working with a fantastic Newcastle based client who are looking for a Senior Accounts Assistant on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who is looking to forge a career and grow organically within the business.
£20,000 + Study Support
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts, annual accounts and various ad-hoc reports
- Propose and input adjustments to accounts
- Assist with reconciling
- Assist with annual budget upload and reconciliation
- Execute reconciliations and controls, contribute to design
- Assist with various ad-hoc projects
- Advocate existing internal controls and identify opportunities for improved controls
The Successful Candidate:
This will be an evolving role but for the right candidate it will provide an opportunity for a broad spectrum of work in a prestigious business that operates in multiple sectors, as they look for their first management account experience, or to take the next step in their accounting career.
Key attributes include:
- AAT qualified, or working towards
- Good interpersonal skills; confident communicating with immediate colleagues and other business contacts as necessary
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and work to set deadlines
- Experience using Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Willingness to learn and constantly seek improvement opportunities
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.