City of London, London
3 months ago
Senior Actuarial Analyst sought for a Major General Insurer Based in Central London. This is an exciting time for our client, who are looking to expand their Actuarial Department.
The Senior Actuarial Analyst will join a pro-active Actuarial Department who are responsible for Reserving, Pricing, Capital Modelling, Monitoring and Forecasting of the company's lines of business.
The Senior Actuarial Analyst will work closely with Underwriting team and requires a high degree of competence.
The client is happy to provide full study support for the succesful candidate who will be making good progress towards becoming a fully-qualified Actuary.
Responsibilities of the Senior Actuarial Analyst:
- Conduct both regular and ad hoc Pricing analysis to assist Underwriting teams.
- Develop and maintain statistical models and MI reports.
- Present and communicate statistics and reports to Management.
- Support junior team members in their development.
- Model, interpret and monitor market trends - making recommendations to Underwriters and Senior Management.
- Provide Professional Actuarial Knowledge to assist with the development of models and new Products
- Communicate and share ideas with other team members.
- Prepare data for capital modelling.
- Support Head of Actuarial and Chief Actuary.
- Will lead and provide support to a number of different functions: pricing, reserving, capital modelling.
Qualities of the Actuarial Analyst:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to support junior Actuarial Analysts and develop their skills.
- Experience working in General Insurance Commercial Lines is prefered.
- Strong technical skills and experience using SAS and R or Python.
- Experience working on Motor products is preferred but not essential.
- 2:1 degree or above in a numerical degree and strong A-Levels.
- At least a part Qualified Actuary with the IFoA
- 25 Days holiday
- Flexible Working
- Remote working up to 2 days per week
- Pension Scheme
- Full Study Support
If you are interested in the role please apply with your CV below or contact Josh Spencer on 0151 224 1480.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.