£70000 - £90000 per annum + £Competitive
5 months ago
Sellick Partnership are working with a FTSE100 Insurer as they seek to recruit a Senior Actuarial Manager.
The purpose of this role is to provide explanation and analysis on a monthly basis of the impact of key drivers of the clients Life Insurance financial results, in order to provide insight into sources of profit and loss. The successful candidate will be key to enabling accelerated quarterly reporting and improving business understanding of results.
The client works under a fluid resource model, giving team members a great opportunity to get involved in a variety of work and develop a broad skillset. Successful candidates will also each be assigned a coach who is focused on their development and supporting them to achieve their potential.
Key aspects of the role:
- Allocation of sources of profit and loss to financial reported results, by driver
- Provides improved insight to shareholders and supports external reporting
- Accountable for elements of UK Life financial reporting. Requires close collaboration and engagement with stakeholders across other finance areas including financial management, finance business partnering and asset origination
- Responsible for delivery of results on a monthly basis, using flexible actuarial resource (1-2 colleagues) from actuarial production and reporting teams to support delivery
- Required to consult on and make judgements in presentation of financial results
- Presentation of results to Senior UK Life Stakeholders
Skills and Experience sought:
- Strong understanding of financial reporting metrics including IFRS and Solvency II
- Good knowledge of IFRS17
- Ideally degree qualified, Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
If you are interested in the prospect of becoming an Senior Actuarial Manager then please apply with your CV below or contact Jack Dykins.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website