Greater Manchester, England
£40000 - £45000 per annum
8 months ago
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Senior Business Analyst (Manager) for a reputable private equity backed service firm based in South Manchester. We are looking to recruit a high calibre and ambitious commercial individual as a result of sustained growth. This is a highly entrepreneurial organisation where you will be constantly challenged in an ever changing environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity which is broad and all-encompassing and will give you exposure to the entire business. The role has been created due to growth and requires a knowledgeable candidate who can make a notable impact from day one.
Working closely with the Head of Finance and senior stakeholders throughout the business, this is a key role and the successful candidate will be fully involved in the production of management reporting for presentation and discussion with senior members of the business. One of the primary aims is to maximise chargeable work opportunities for fee earning staff.
- Work closely with the Head of Finance in reviewing and redesign of internal financial reports, liaising with key stakeholders in both Operational and Support Services
- Proactively drive improvements in reporting and challenging existing reports
- Partnering with key personnel to help develop a strong sense of financial performance within the business
- Develop excellent relationships within the business
- Assisting the Head of Finance and senior stakeholders with any other responsibilities to ensure relevant and timely information is provided to the business
The successful candidate will be coming from a similar role and needs to be driven, inquisitive and have a desire to succeed and improve. This is a very exciting opportunity for an ambitious and passionate candidate to forge a career in a highly successful developing business. You can expect to progress quickly within the organisation if performing well within the role and adding value.
The company uses a range of databases and system based financial tools to prepare reports and analyse data. The successful candidate is likely to have a high level of skill in sequel coding and modelling including the ability to design and develop reports suitable for presentation to board members. They take pride on the attentiveness and attention to detail that they afford each of their clients, and so you must be tenacious in reflecting this through your technical competence and highest standards of professionalism.
You will need to have the following:-
- Excellent understanding of revenue of a business ideally in a service or a consultancy organisation.
- To have excellent knowledge of SAP Business ONE and Crystal Reports.
- To create user-friendly reports in Crystal and import into SAP for use by Project managers.
- Experience of the day to day operations of an accounting department through to assisting in the month and year end accounting process, to produce accurate and timely management accounts in line with business timescales.
- Experience of variance analysis and other ad hoc financial reporting
- Ability to support and contribute to initiatives for improvement in process and financial controls
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication and client liaison skills
- Proven work planning, prioritisation and organisation skills
- An ability to analyse problems and exercise good judgement in finding effective solutions
- Be accurate and thorough, with attention to detail and an understanding of the importance of quality
- Be motivated by achievement and in fulfilling your potential
- Ability to remain calm and confident, responding logically and decisively in pressured situations
- Positive, flexible and adaptable with a 'can-do' attitude to overcoming challenges
- Enthusiastic and responsive when working within a team
- Conscientious and diligent
- Absolute discretion and regard for confidentiality
- Experience in project accounting is desirable
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.