£66500 - £70000 per annum
18 days ago
On behalf of a world leading cancer research organisation, Sellick Partnership are delighted to be recruiting to a Senior Business Development Manager to work in the business and innovation team, over a fixed term contract.
As a Senior Business Development Manager, the successful candidate will be required to provide expertise to the organisation in all aspects intellectual property management and commercialisation; as well as contractual and commercial aspects of interactions between researchers and industry.
- Manage a team of 2 or 3 Business Development Managers and have responsibility for the commercialisation of a portfolio of projects which will largely (but not exclusively) originate from defined Divisions within the organisation. For example, identifying research or other activities suitable for commercial exploitation, arranging for intellectual property to be protected where necessary and appropriate, identifying potential commercial partners or other routes to market and leading negotiations and closing licence, collaboration or spin-out deals
- Maintain a broad network of contacts and to represent the organisation at networking events and conferences
- Provide advice and guidance to colleagues on all aspects of commercialisation of research
- Develop links with companies and other external bodies as appropriate.
- Significant experience in licensing intellectual property and commercial contracts
- Candidates must hold a higher Degree and/or appropriate professional qualification(s) (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
- Relevant experience within industry or the higher education sector and have a track record of leading and closing deals in the life sciences.
- High level of communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
If you feel you have the relevant skills for this position and would be interested in joining the leading academic research centre in the UK, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to avoid missing out.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK.
Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.