£14 - £19 per hour + plus benefits
2 months ago
Band 6/£14.00-£19.00 per hour
Fixed-term 4- 6 months, Full time
Senior Buyer required to join a well established, prestigious organisation based in Chester. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Senior Buyer to join their dynamic and growing finance function.
As the Senior Buyer you will be working under the Procurement Contracts Manager supporting all aspects of Procurement Cost reduction and cash releasing savings strategies. You will be responsible for the delivery of the Procurement Cost Reduction Strategy through delivery of procurement projects and carrying out tendering processes. Other responsibilities as below:
Key responsibilities of the Senior Buyer
- Proactive management of procurement projects and delivery to agreed timescale.
- Assisting the training and development of any junior members of staff.
- Engaging customers both with internal organisations and external client organisations.
- Effectively communicate financial and procurement regulations for colleagues.
- Discuss and provide professional advice to both staff and senior managers involved ensuring understanding of terms and obligations financially.
- Formulate savings reports and development of tenders including appropriate invitation and evaluation methods to determine "best value for money."
- Ensure appropriate procurement processes are followed.
- Work proactively to set objectives and support others, ensuring customer expectations are met.
- Using initiative to develop new and innovative procurement.
- Strategise initiatives and produce briefing papers to Director and all stakeholders.
Required skills and experience of the Senior Buyer
- Full member of Chartered Institute of Purchase and Supply/MCIPS accredited or working towards. (Min. level 5)
- Advanced IT skills such as Microsoft Office including Excel.
- Able to demonstrate latest knowledge of Procurement Legislation.
- Significant experience of managing projects.
- Significant experience of procurement processes (undertaking complex tender process at EU level.)
- Experience in negotiating within public and private sector and working with range of stakeholders.
- Excellent data analysis and problem solving skills.
- Budget management experience.
- Significant customer service experience including relationship building.
- Highly effective leadership and teamwork skills.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
This is fantastic opportunity to join a well-established organisation with unrivalled opportunities.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Senior Buyer role, please apply now, or contact Chloe O'Brien at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.