Greater Manchester, England
£35000 - £45000 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership have been engaged to appoint a Senior Buyer for a well-established Public Sector organisation in the Greater Manchester area. The organisation has identified the need for additional resource following a busy period, and requires interim support for 3 months. The Senior Buyer will be responsible for one direct report and will lead on allocated and self-identified projects and programmes.
Key areas of the role of Senior Buyer:
* Support the senior Procurement manager to ensure that a cost-efficient purchasing programme is developed and maintained to achieve financial saving targets
* Lead a designated work stream to lead on projects (both self-identified and allocated)
* Deliver to tight deadlines and timescales
* Identify and lead on the delivery of cost reduction and savings
* Ensure compliance with OJEU legislation, UK law and Public Sector Procurement Guidance
* Plan strategies, tendering and commercial dialogue and lead on these as and when required
* Assess the cost implication of Contract awards
* Formulate and deliver a cost-saving work-plan
* Lead on commercial negotiations with suppliers
The ideal Candidate will demonstrate:
* A commercial awareness and understanding for allocated divisions and projects
* Previous experience of line management
* Previous experience of e-Tendering systems
* Competency and ability to use Procurement Information systems (E.g. Oracle, Delta, GHX)
* Ability to liaise with key stakeholders of varying levels
* Understanding and experience of managing the full procurement lifecycle
The ideal candidate for Senior Buyer will have previous experience within a similar role, ideally within the Public Sector, will have managed the full procurement lifecycle and be well-versed with OJEU legislation and UK law.
If you would like more information on this position, please call Lauren Newell or Stephanie Tasker.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.