Procurement Senior Category Manager required, on a permanent basis, for a higher education organisation in the East Midlands.
Sellick Partnership are seeking a Senior Category Manager to join a higher education establishment to support in the running of a busy procurement department.
Working with the Head of Procurement the post holder will:
- Develop overall procurement strategy and the reputation of the procurement function
- Actively plan, manage and deliver a portfolio of spend categories to ensure compliance with the public procurement legislation
- Manage staff and lead project teams
- Work with senior management at both internal and external events and meetings
- Take ownership and responsibility for a portfolio of procurement categories
- Create and maintain category strategies using appropriate tools and techniques
- Take ownership of key suppliers in the category portfolio to help deliver benefits
- Take the lead of procurement projects and use robust project management methods
The Senior Category Manager will be CIPs qualified or working towards, have a minimum of three years as a category/senior category manager with demonstrable experience of defining and managing a diverse portfolio of spend categories, planning and delivering tender projects under OJEU and successfully leading a team.
On offer is a competitive salary, which is reviewed annually, discretionary performance bonus, up to a maximum of 5% of basic salary, private medical health care, occupational pension scheme, 30 days holidays plus statutory and discretionary days.
This is an excellent permanent opportunity for an experienced Senior Category Manager to join a diverse and forward thinking organisation and applicants from any sector background are welcome to apply.