Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£37000 - £44000 per annum + Public Sector Pension
over 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a permanent Senior Category Manager for an NHS organisation in the West Midlands.
On the 1st July 2019 University Hospital of North Midlands and the Royal Wolverhampton Trust Procurement teams are integrating to deliver Procurement Services and are looking for some additional support.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the UHNM Supplies and Procurement Department which is recognised as one of the leading Procurement organisations in the NHS and wider Public Sector which is demonstrated by the receipt of 27 local and National awards in the last seven years. The Department also leads on and supports a number of National initiatives on behalf of the Department of Health. Examples of this include the Trusts own Supplier re-engagement, Zero inflation policy programmes and the Department of Health Peer Review.
Specific areas of responsibility for the Senior Category Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a team portfolio and team within Strategic Procurement across 3 NHS Trusts
- Supporting the Senior Strategic Procurement Manager in delivery of the Procurement strategy
- Supporting on specific commercial projects
- Management of Staff
- Supporting the department on satisfying the national Model Hospital, Lord Carter and PPIB performance requirements and data returns
- Ensuring compliance with the Trust Standing Financial Instructions and Official Journal of the European Union regulations
Essential knowledge, skills and experience required for the Senior Category Manager
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Having a "can do attitude"
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Ideally CIPS qualified or working towards level 6
- Public sector experience is desirable but not essential.
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Adam Rouse at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.