£50979 - £59541 per annum + inclusive of Choices Benefit £2,436
8 months ago
An exciting position has arisen for a Senior Childcare Lawyer with management responsibilities to join a local authority based in South East London on a permanent basis.
You will be a qualified Solicitor, Barrister, or qualified Legal Executive, with at least 4 years post qualification experience. You must have the ability to conduct a substantial and complex caseload and to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
The successful Senior Childcare Lawyer will need excellent verbal and written communication skills, competent ICT skills, and demonstrate a high level of commitment to this demanding area of law.
Senior Childcare Lawyer duties will include but are not limited to;
- Managing a caseload of the more complex public childcare matters as they arise and a reduced caseload of routine matters within public childcare law
- Supporting the Principal Lawyers with advising on corporate issues and attending management meetings where required and with managing and building internal client relationships and offering training internally as well
- You will be responsible for managing 4-5 lawyers and/or Legal Assistants with varying levels of experience and assisting with supervision and support on their cases as you see fit
- Attending Legal Gateway Panel on a four weekly basis and subsequent legal planning meetings and provide advice to the client department as required
- Conduct advocacy, including attendance in the East London Family Court before Magistrates, District and Circuit Judges as and when caseload allows
This is an excellent opportunity for a Childcare Lawyer who has previously worked at managerial capacity or someone who has offered supervisory support to paralegals and junior members of staff looking to develop their career path further. Our client is happy to consider candidates from either a public sector or private practice background as long as candidates have a good understanding and experience of public childcare law.
Whilst the role will be based remotely in the interim, there will be an expectation to go back to the office a one or two days a week post COVID.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of a Standard Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,436 per annum
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay (Scheme under review)
- 27 days Annual Leave (rising to 30 after 5 years' service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at fantastic offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme - Includes Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
The successful Senior Childcare Lawyer will join a London Borough Council with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the quieter suburbs of outer-London. Within the borough they have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
For further information please contact Rayhaneh Tehrani at Sellick Partnership on 01618341642 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 23.59 pm on Monday 25th October 2021
Anticipated Interview date: w/c 1st November
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.