Bolton, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £48000 per annum
25 days ago
Senior Commercial Finance Analyst
Duration: fixed term contract
Sellick Partnership has been assigned to recruit on an exclusive basis a Senior Commercial Finance Analyst on a 12 months fixed term contract for a well established, profitable, international branded business based in Lancashire.
We are seeking a qualified commercial finance professional with varied experience working within commercial and supply chain teams. You will be an excellent team player able to develop strong relationships across the business and work in a demanding/changing environment. You will have an eye for detail coupled with being able to interpret and explain the business performance and implications for the use of making more informed decisions.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager, this is a fantastic opportunity which is broad and all-encompassing and will give you exposure to the entire business.
- Responsible for all product costings, including quarterly re-costs in line with budget and forecast cycles.
- Preparing the freight, logistics and warehousing budget and forecasts, bridging movement from one period to the next, explaining the underlying factors and highlighting potential risks and opportunities.
- Reconciliation of all logistics costs, providing analysis of volume, mix and price variances.
- Key link between Finance and Supply Chain, attending regular meetings and providing financial support.
- Financial lead on projects across the business including NPD launches and Value Optimisation, ensuring robust financials are included in all business cases.
- Utilising strong excel skills to make improvements to systems through automated checks and simplifying spreadsheets.
- Costing scenarios as a result of Brexit and modelling where costs could be mitigated.
- Working within Continuous Improvement, recording and managing time and cost savings.
The successful candidate will be CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified and have previous experience in a similar commercial analysis role within FMCG, manufacturing, supply chain, procurement or consumer goods.
You will need to be confident working with a diverse range of people and cultures and have excellent communication skills where you have influenced commercial decisions to drive margin improvement. We are looking for someone with sparkle, drive & energy to come in and really drive some significant improvement.
The individual in this role needs to have strong analytical skills, business partnering and influencing skills in order to be a success in a complex area of the business with multiple stakeholders. You will have a creative and innovative approach to problem solving and analysis; delivery orientated - able to work in pressurised environments, meet multiple deadlines and manage own priorities.
You will also be able to demonstrate business acumen and ability to gain knowledge across the breadth of a variety of functions. Good communication skills - able to translate financial information and create successful business relationships. You will also be able to take a 'big picture' view with demonstrable internal consultancy and influencing skills, while possessing a keen eye for the detail.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 72 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.