City of London, London
Up to £1000 per day + flexible working arrangements
3 months ago
Role: Senior Commercial Procurement Lawyer
Type: Contract - Full-time
Up to £1000pd
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Commercial Procurement Lawyer to join Central Government on a minimum 6 month contract to advise on a range of commercial, contractual and procurement matters.
The successful candidate will be a qualified legal professional (Solicitor, Barrister or equivalent) and be able to demonstrate strong commercial and procurement law experience. They will be advising on every part of the commercial process, from the commercial law implications of policy, to advising on the route to market/procurement route, designing the commercial contract, supporting on approvals, supporting on transparency requirements and advising on contract management and exit issues.
They will provide a range of commercial legal advice across the following areas:
- Commercial Contracts
- Public Procurement
- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property
- Public law aspects of commercial work/commercial decision-making
- Regulatory Requirements
- Grants and State Aid
The Senior Commercial Procurement Lawyer will:
- Advise on medium-high complexity contracts spanning across various stakeholders
- Evaluate whether projects appropriately identify and manage legal risk, ensuring contracts are managed effectively, and that any disputes are resolved effectively and efficiently.
- Provide strategic legal direction
- Manage the corporate relationship with external law firms on legal advice and management of projects
- Manage junior team members
- Need to be UK Qualified with 10 years PQE
- Have sound understanding of public procurement and contract law
- An understanding of the role of lawyers in Government
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying, please contact Xiomara Cabello in our London office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.