8 months ago
An exceptional opportunity for an experienced Contracts & Procurement Lawyer to join a well-regarded Local Authority based in Essex. The Local Authority has excellent transport links and able to offer a great work/life balance.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide legal advice on a wide range of procurement, contract and public law matters. This is a challenging role that involves taking responsibility for a mixed caseload and providing proactive legal advice to every part of the Council's operations.
As a Contracts and Procurement Solicitor your responsibilities will include:
- Proactively support and advise the end to end Client process, providing legal advice relating to non-contentious contractual arrangements, including negotiation, reviewing and drafting of contracts
- Existing contractual arrangements, including assisting the business to manage contractual relationships
- Identifying areas of risk and/or improvement, drafting adequate legal policies and remediation plans as needed
- Dealing with Construction Contracts, mainly JCT contracts
- Working with complex agreements and leases in relation to large projects
You must have strong negotiation and drafting skills together with the credibility to influence people at the highest level and from all backgrounds.
You will also find yourself working with procurement boards and meeting with clients to discuss commissioning and procurement. As a result you will need excellent client skills and enthusiastic about delivering an excellent service.
We are looking for a qualified Solicitor with post-qualification experience, working in local authority would be advantageous
If this sounds like the role for you please apply now and send us a copy of your CV. If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Leah Edgar on 0161 834 1642
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.