North West England, England
£50 - £60 per hour
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are seeking an experienced contracts and procurement lawyer to join a Greater Manchester local authority as soon as possible to oversee capital projects and work closely with the Strategic Lawyer.
The successful candidate will work in several areas of law, including Contract and Procurement law, Major Projects and Regeneration and Commercial property law.
The role entails working closely with Senior Leadership, Elected Members, Trade Unions, Partner Organisations and other key stakeholders from across the public and private sector.
In addition, you will review political, statutory and legislative landscapes and assess how these impact on client needs.
On an on-going basis the post-holder will:
- Deputise for the Strategic Lawyer, as and when required, making decisions using delegated authority, making recommendations and providing advice on their behalf.
- Provide strategic legal advice and support to Clients ensuring appropriate governance models are in place.
- Handle a personal caseload of complex, strategically important or politically sensitive cases, leading on Corporate and GMCA (Greater Manchester Combined Authority) initiatives within your area of responsibility.
- Attend meetings with GMCA, Council, cabinet, committees, panels and officers advising on legal matters.
- Lead on and assist with key projects ensuring they are delivered, on time, on budget and contribute to the corporate visions and priorities.
The successful candidate must also be able to demonstrate the following essential requirements:
- Extensive post qualification experience in Contracts and Procurement and/or Major Projects and Regeneration
- Experience of providing high level strategic legal advice to assist and guide clients when making decisions.
- Experience of operating at a senior level within a local authority or similar public or private sector organisation.
- Proven track record in a pressurised and deadline driven environment.
- Be able to represent the service and the Council at a local and regional level.
This is a locum role for an initial period of 3 months with the possibility of an extension. The role allows for complete remote working, with some attendance at the office occassionally with straict social distancing measures in place.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Kiran Purewal in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.