South Yorkshire, England
£200 - £240 per day
about 2 months ago
Role: Senior Category Specialist
Location: South Yorkshire
Hours of work: Full time, 37 per week
Length: Untill march 2022
Sellick partnership are currently recruiting a Senior Category Specialist for our Public Sector client based in South Yorkshire.
- To manage specific procurement projects related to the procurement work plan.
- To take responsibility for developing and preparing high-value and complex tenders, negotiate/re-negotiate and draft contracts for cost optimisation, and deliver efficiencies and savings to support the Trust's digital transformation programme.
- Fosters a highly professional and responsive client service approach and acts as the main point of contact for procurement issues related to the projects.
- Implements strategic sourcing and strong stakeholder management to maintain the lowest costs and establish relationships or strengthen existing relationships with key suppliers.
- Operates effective information systems to ensure accessibility of data that adds value to decision making.
Principal Duties for the Category Manager:
- Support the Head of Procurement by developing a strategic sourcing programme for specific projects and working closely with key internal stakeholders to forge collaborative relationships.
- Offer reliable expert advice on commercial and contractual matters on high value/high risk tenders and contracts, from initial scoping through to contract award and contract management.
- Develop and produce complex tender documentation including OJEU, Framework Further Competitions and local tenders on behalf of the company.
- Ensure appropriate customer input into the procurement decision making process; e.g. enables clients to produce robust specifications that will deliver results to meet the client's needs.
- Research the market place, giving due consideration to financial status of suppliers, ability to supply and maintain continuity. Manages the supplier selection criteria.
- Manage the tender and negotiation exercise in line with registration and SFIs for each client.
- Conduct detailed evaluation of tender returns using appropriate financial assessment and purchasing and supply criteria. Leads tender adjudication and supplier meetings, pre- and post-tender. Awards contracts and provides formal debriefings
- Agree SLA agreements and KPIs.
- Attend client base review meetings and follows up on any issues/actions agreed.
- Assist in the re-evaluation of category and contract coverage and capture into the forward budget.
- Create opportunities to leverage suppliers by driving collaborative monitoring of contracts.
- Establish service quality standards and undertakes benefits tracking as part of the contracts review process to track and evaluate benefits achieved by Procurement, to ensure the effective monitoring of contract performance.
- Develop stakeholder and supplier engagement plans for Procurement.
Person specification for the Category Manager:
- Procurement experience within the public sector
- Experience working with stakeholders
- Have excellent communication skills
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.