Manchester, Greater Manchester
5 months ago
My client is a leading Legal 500 full service law firm based in Manchester city centre. They have built a reputation for consistent client satisfaction. This success is solidified in their commitment to building a team of passionate and dedicated legal professionals. In 2018 my client were ranked in the top 50 in the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to work for. My client now require a Senior Conveyancing Solicitor to join their busy Residential department on a full-time, permanent basis.
The successful candidate must be able to carry a live caseload of circa 120 files, comprising all transaction types, including (but not limited to) freehold, leasehold, newbuild, unregistered, shared ownership, right to buy and help to buy.
As a Senior Conveyancing Solicitor, your duties would include:
- Reviewing title documentation, contract documentation, mortgage offers and search results and providing accurate and comprehensive reports to clients.
- Raising enquiries in a timely manner
- Responding to enquiries in a timely manner
- Resolving complex and technical queries
- Producing accurate financial statements for clients
- Dealing with exchange of contracts and completions
- Signing off junior conveyancers' files prior to exchange of contracts
- Checking clients' source of funds
- Responding promptly to requests for updates from clients, estate agents, brokers and introducers.
- Updating introducer portals where necessary
- Ensuring that the case management is fully up to date and running all cases through the case management system
- Managing daily tasks using the case management system
- Recognising potential risks and resolving issues without putting clients or the firm at risk.
- Taking primary responsibility for purchase files.
- Undertaking any specific training when required to do so.
- Ensuring clients and introducers receive the best possible service at all times
- Flagging any issues/concerns to Head of Department
- Undertaking any other tasks that may be required to assist the department
In return the successful Conveyancing Solicitor will receive an above market rate salary whilst working in a well-established residential team with fantastic opportunities to progress.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.