Manchester, Greater Manchester
£23000 - £25000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Senior Credit Controller
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a Senior Credit Controller, working for a client Manchester. As the Senior Credit Controller, the main purpose of the role is to provide an efficient and effective team working and act in partnership with the business to deliver a the management of the sales ledger for a number of companies, with a vie w of minimising the bad debt level, whilst working ina team environment to improve process and cash flow within the business. To follow the agreed credit control procedure, monitor debtor ledgers, produce reports for management, collect outstanding monies and ensure ledgers are accurate and up to date.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Credit Controller
- To manage a ledger of customers ranging from key clients - high value accounts to high volume - low value accounts
- To collect debts within assigned credit terms and achievement of individual and department targets, whilst keeping meticulous records and review dates
- To record and manage the customer queries and disputed invoices, liaising with internal customers to ensure invoices are paid within agreed payments terms
- To set up regular meeting wits with Senior Managers to ensure cross functional relationships are built in order to highlight potential issues and resolve queries quickly
- To identify and escalate any potential debt risk or problems / issues with service levels to both internal and external customers, directly to the team leader
- To negotiate with customers for satisfactory outcome of the outstanding debt by means of a payment plan, via email, letter and telephone calls
- To carry out root cause analysis and find appropriate solutions to reduce the number of reoccurring issues
- To deputise for the Transactions Team Leader
- To manage the end to end litigation process, be up to date on current legislation and confident to represent the organisation through various stages
Required skills and experience of the Senior Credit Controller
- High end credit control experience dealing with high volumens of diverse clients
- Studying towards appropriate professional qualification in a recognised professional accounting qualification
- Assertive and able to influence people using and effective language via email or phone to achive the desired outcome
- Confidence to deal with difficult clients and high level internal management and be able to goive guidance to collegues when needed
- Ability to obtain payments from clients, while maintaining good customer relationships
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Being able to make a judgement when to consult others and act on information
- Accuracy, advanced knowledge of excel spreadsheets, ability to work quickly and to tight deadlines
- In depth knowledge of sales ledger and credit control functions
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Accounts Assistant role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Disclaimer: Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.