Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£50000 - £60000 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are delighted to be working with a leading Fintech organisation based in Newcastle who are looking to recruit a Senior Data Scientist to join their team on a permanent basis.
This Senior Data Scientist role will give you the chance to design and build innovative solutions with a leading Fintech organisation using AI and ML. Becoming an integral part of their expert team of artificial intelligence experts, you will work with a fast-paced and growing organisation, and advance your own career within software development and the field of artificial intelligence.
- Creating and developing a team of junior data scientists to deliver on the goals below.
- Researching, developing and implementing the most innovative AI/ML applications to revolutionise the financial services industry.
- Productionising artificial intelligence based solutions along side software engineers and SMEs.
- Writing the back end algorithms which must be are reusable, testable and efficient.
- Be able to process a datasets in parallel using multiple threads or processes.
- Provide technical guidance to peers on how AI/ML can be best deployed in the organisation.
- Quickly build prototypes and research emerging AL/ML developments across the world.
- Work closely with our business analysts to design and implement new functionality for our major institutional customers around the world.
- Maintain, retrain and troubleshoot the application.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of requirements and specifications.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- The completion of agreed training / self-improvement activities in line with agreed career development plan.
- Delivery of agreed outputs within agreed timeframes or the successful negotiation of new time frames.
- Actively communicating the status of assigned items of work to project team, project manager or delivery manager.
- Actively seeking opportunities to provide assistance to peers.
- Actively identifying and promoting opportunities for application efficiency improvements or performance improvements.
- Passion for the latest technology and fast paced delivery
- Proficiency in at least one deep learning language such as Python, spaCy, TensorFlow, PyTorch
- Substantial experience with unstructured data sources, especially in areas such as images, speech and text data.
- Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the industry
- Experience designing software for scale and high availability
- PHD or at min. Bachelor's degree or in Computer Science or related quantitate field.
- English on communicative level.
- Experienced in or knowledge of would be an advantage:
- Iterative approach to development
- CI&CD in an agile team
- Knowledge Cloud based deployments such as AWS advantageous
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.