City of London
£45000 - £70000 per annum + £Competitive
about 2 months ago
An experienced Senior Data Scientist with excellent analytical skills is sought for a forward thinking and innovative UK based Insurer.
Our client are in the process of investing heavily in their Data Science capabilities and as such are looking to recruit an experienced Data Scientist who can help streamline internal processes, build new models and identify new Data sources.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Data Science professional to join their skills with a truly innovative brand.
Responsibilities of the Senior Data Scientist:
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends and measure performance
- Support our client's Pricing team
- Build GBMs / neural networks
- Utilise cutting edge Data Science tools and techniques
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand business problems and design end-to-end advanced analytics use cases
- Provide expert analysis of internal data and enhance solutions with new external data
Key experience / skills of the Senior Data Scientist:
- 3 years of experience of using Python is advantageous, though candidates with a strong background in R will also be considered
- Experience of building GBMs / neural networks
- Opportunity to lead projects from day one
- Experience of working with large data sets from a variety of sources
- General Insurance experience, particularly within Pricing, is highly advantageous
- 1 minimum in a highly numeric subject such as Mathematics is preferred
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to act as a team player are essential
Benefits and rewards:
- £45,000 - £70,000 salary
- 25 days holiday, rising with service
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Strong pension scheme
- Discounts on our client's Insurance products are available
If this role sounds like it could be of interest to you, please apply below with your CV.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.