Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£400 - £450 per day + inside IR35
5 months ago
I am currently recruiting for a Senior Developer on a 6 month contract based in Newcastle City Centre.
The Senior Developer/ Analyst will join a close knit team to lead the design, development, implementation and on-going support of one or more major business systems to support the requirements of the organisation, in
accordance with the agreed development standards and using the most appropriate
- Working closely with key business owners, to design, model, and implement a complete solution to a major business requirement, to the required levelof detail, including any linkages to other associated systems.
- The Senior Developer/ Analyst will specify design and build and IT solution and, where required, the systems architecture to meet an approved business development, according to agreedstandards. This will involve selection of the appropriate technology; programming and technical configuration according to design specifications and in accordance with agreed standards; and planning, executing and managing any necessary integration activities between the organisations core business systems and other key internal and external systems.
- To plan, design, manage, execute and report tests to ensure that all systems and interfaces perform as expected.
- Senior Developer/ Analyst will be able to identify and assess the wider impact of system upgrades/developments and to manage changes to ensure that there is no disruption to the business. This will involve close liaison with other teams within Corporate Systems.
- To lead production system support including version management and change control for a specific system or system area. To monitor the system's performance, correct faults, devise workarounds and update system documentation in order to provide the necessary support to the user and to ensure that the system is operating to the required standards.
- To manage assigned system development projects to ensure completion on time and within any resource constraints. To include establishing the required project organisation and project plan for any development, estimating and negotiating the resources required for the project and determining the proposed implementation strategy.
- To provide advice to users about the systems' functionality and to manage the ongoing relationship with users to ensure those IT systems enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes throughout the organisation.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience for the above role please apply and contact Adam Burgess at Sellick Partnership for more information or a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website