Manchester, Greater Manchester
£37189 - £341320 per annum
about 2 months ago
Sellick Partnership are working on behalf of an established housing association, based within Greater Manchester for a Senior Development and Treasury Accountant role. The purpose of the role is to produce and evaluate the accounting, budgetary and financial performance, to appraise new projects and financial monitoring of development programmes, to manage cash flow, banking and treasury aspects and to assist the Head of Finance with the preparation of Business Plans and regulatory returns.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Development and Treasury Accountant role:
- Liaise with the Development Team to prepare capital budgets. Monitor programme take up and assess the impact of committed projects compared to available funding.
- Undertake the review and approval of new development scheme appraisals comparing results to the Investment Framework criteria. Support the training of development staff to undertake scheme appraisals and provide assistance on relevant VAT/SDLT taxation aspects, taking professional tax advice as necessary.
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of monthly financial reports to the Executive and the Head of Development monitoring development spending, grant income and sales receipts. Provide a commentary which highlights key variations.
- Ensure the corporate cash flow is updated each month to reflect the above and recommend treasury actions and the timing of loan drawdowns.
- Prepare the monthly management accounts and statutory accounts and oversee inter-company billings and accounting entries relating to development activity between Group companies.
- Carry out the assessment of outturn scheme appraisals upon the completion of projects.
- Manage the administration of the development investment appraisal system
- Validate grant claim submissions including Home England's Investment Management System.
- Assist the Head of Finance:
- Prepare Business Plans and financial forecasts for the Group, Trust and subsidiary companies,
- Prepare and submit regulatory returns to the regulator,
- Prepare security trustee returns and the funders report.
- Assist budget holders to operate an effective system of electronic purchase order and invoice authorisation routines, resolving individual users' difficulties. Train new budget holders in Southway's financial processes and procedures.
- Undertake the day-to-day administration of the accounting software, including the maintenance and amendment of the coding system, management of the ledgers and efficient month end close down routines.
- Oversee reconciliation of monthly development monitoring reports to ledger balances and accounting entries information for property sales. Assess abortive expenditure and the apportionment of staff costs to development and sales projects.
- Oversee the preparation of statutory accounts information relating to development and treasury activity, including:
- Component accounting records,
Required skills and experience of the Senior Development and Treasury Accountant role:
- Professional accountant qualified CCAB, or part-qualified to the penultimate stage of any CCAB body, and demonstrate either by experience or by any plans they have to qualify that they have capabilities akin to a CCAB qualified accountant
- At least 5 years' experience in a general finance operation
- Experience of supervising the work of colleagues
- Advanced accounts and general ledger skills, able to undertake routine and more complex accountancy work with minimum supervision
- Experience of preparing budgets, management accounts, statutory accounts, cash flows and Corporation Tax and VAT returns
- Experience of BRIXX business planning software is desirable
- Good communication skills and the ability to build sound working relationships with stakeholders
- Sound excel skills, with a knowledge of a range of functions and their application
- Able to plan and organise work, make improvements to own service area and manage competing pressures to ensure deadlines are met
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.