East of England, England
8 months ago
A large local authority based in East of England are seeking a Lawyer/Legal Executive to be based within the Special Educational Needs Team, for an initial 3 months with an extension thereafter.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a highly experienced, supportive team where you deal with all aspects of educational provision.
The successful Solicitor/Barrister/Legal Executive will be responsible for the delivery of all aspects of legal advice in respect of Special Educational Needs provision and challenges to that provision.
Responsibilities of the Special Educational Needs professional:
- You will be required to evidence detailed legal knowledge on the area of special educational needs
- Understanding of tribunal work is essential and experience in undertaking advocacy within the tribunal system would be an advantage. Experience in drafting standard tribunal documents is also essential
- The role is expected to build strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Act as a legal practitioner and advocate (where appropriate) within your team; ensuring the provision of timely and accurate legal advice including constructively challenging where appropriate
- The ability to contribute to a team which deals with all aspects of educational provision but centres on special educational needs and the likely challenges regarding the provision and funding of educational services
- You will be required to lead on advising the client department and will therefore require detailed knowledge in this area
- You must be familiar with running tribunal cases, the ability to advocate in the tribunal is desirable but not essential
Whilst our client is particularly eager to speak with Lawyers that have previous experience working from alternative backgrounds with the relevant skills are encouraged to apply, you will be required to have knowledge and understanding of providing legal advice in a public or private sector setting.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Leah Edgar in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.