£43000 - £49000 per annum
5 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Finance Business Partner to join their dynamic finance team on a permanent basis. Working as part of a wider finance team key expectations will include:
The Senior Finance Business Partner will be responsible for:
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with budget holders and senior managers, and take ownership of the Service Level Agreements in force in each case; to ensure that the needs of the budget holder are fully satisfied.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting upon the financial position of areas/departments to relevant stakeholders using appropriate means of communication and methods of financial analysis
- Provision of professional challenge support and advice to budget holders over a wide range of subjects, with a clear focus on obtaining best value, and best use of resources for the force.
- Review and monitor expenditure on payroll, ensuring the payroll costs are reconciled to establishment figures, and any discrepancies are explained.
- Review and monitor expenditure on supplies and services and produce recommendations for improved efficiencies where appropriate, thus enabling effective financial management of the Force budget.
- Responsible for the production of information required by Financial Operations for the closure of accounts, and the preparation of the Statement of Accounts.
As Senior Finance Business Partner you wil meet the following critera:
- Fully qualified CCAB Accountant
- Post-qualification experience of working within a large and complex financial environment; with specific knowledge and experience of fulfilling a budget management role
- Evidence of working under pressure, with clear experience of self-motivation and workload prioritisation
- Advanced communication skills to deal effectively with a variety of potential stakeholders. This includes the ability to challenge devolved budget managers, and budget holders, present and disseminate financial information effectively to non-financial officers, and to present both verbal and written reports to Chief Officers and other stakeholders.
- Well-developed analytical skills, and the ability to pro-actively respond to financial issues as they arise.
In return for your commitment, you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 32 days holiday including bank holidays (pro rata) - increasing with length of service
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Family friendly policies
- Continuous professional development
- Flexi-time Scheme
- Parking on site
- City Centre location
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Business Partner to join prestigious organisation with a dynamic culture and excellent opportunities .
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Senior Finance Business partner role, please apply now, or contact Abigail Day at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.