Manchester, Greater Manchester
£70000 - £85000 per annum
5 months ago
Senior Financial Accounting Manager
Salary: £70,000 - £85,000
Sellick Partnership has been exclusively assigned to recruit a Senior Financial Accounting Manager for a successful and instantly recognisable business based in Manchester.
We are looking for a senior manager (Top4) making their first move out of practice or someone coming from a similar role within a large/complex organisation. You will be expected to lead the team responsible for maintaining and drafting all technical accounting policies and preparing the interim and annual group financial statements, as well as leading on the external audit.
You will gain substantial exposure to senior leaders across the finance teams and the wider business, as well as external bodies and partners. Therefore, you have a strong technical accounting expertise coupled with great interpersonal skills.
This role requires a self-motivated and focused person who will quickly establish themselves as a key contact challenging the status quo and striving for best practice.
- own the year end and interim audit process with external auditors, making sure that Group financial statements are prepared and signed off in accordance with timelines and taking a lead role in the relationship with our external auditor
- provide technical accounting support to senior finance partners and stakeholders across the business
- prepare and present all technical papers, including complex IFRS technical matters, to senior partners, risk and audit committee and auditors
- lead maintenance of financial control framework and reporting including balance sheet reconciliations
- oversee and update the accounting policies
- lead the team in process and control improvements and cultivate a continuous improvement environment
- consolidate monthly financial results and report to key partners
- lead and support on key finance system and other improvement projects
- play key role in driving finance strategic goals
- mentor, develop and empower your team of finance professionals and act as the role model for other members of the team
The successful applicant will be ACA or ACCA or CIMA qualified and have a background in a similar senior Finance managerial role within a large and complex business or making your first move from as a senior manager from a top4 practice firm. Experience of leading the audit process and running annual reporting and accounting processes is essential.
You will possess good leadership and communication skills, with the ability to inspire and support teams across finance coupled with building positive relationships with teams and leaders across the business to work collaboratively.
Ideally, you will have experience from a similar dynamic and complex business and have the ability to juggle multiple conflicting priorities, working to tight deadlines. More importantly, you will have the ability to build successful relationships with partners across the business.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this commercial finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment operating across the UK. Over the last ten years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 72 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.