Manchester, Greater Manchester
£55000 - £65000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit an exciting and newly created position of Financial Control Manager. The business continues to enjoy an exciting growth trajectory and are attracting and servicing an ever growing retail customer base, well ahead of projections.
A multi-faceted role which will demand strong organisational, technical, partnering and leadership skills. Reporting to the Finance Director on site, the role will essentially be responsible for the management and development of the financial control environment whilst overseeing an excellent and self-sufficient and specialist team of five.
The role will be responsible for the ongoing design, implementation and monitoring of specific controls to essentially ensure that fees are correctly raised, accounted for and in line with best in practice policy.
The key accountabilities will include:-
- Implementing change to improve current controls, policies and procedures
- Preparation of reports to SMT re: progress and performance
- Ensure al processes are documented
- Identify control and manage risks within business area
- Chair monthly meetings to discuss plans of remediation and correction
- Staff supervision of Operational Finance team
- Testing of new scripts
- To lead year a major systems migration project by utilising your strong IT
- Ad-hoc financial reporting to senior stakeholders
The successful applicant will ideally be a fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant with a proactive and communicative approach who enjoys a busy fast paced and changeable environment. You will receive excellent exposure to other areas of this business including Finance, operations, technology, product owners and IT. Staff supervisory skills will put you at an advantage as personality, attitude and a tenacious approach to communicate improvement is key to the role.
If you or anyone you know has the requisite skills/experience for this Financial Control Manager role, please contact Jonathan Moss Parr at Sellick Partnership.