Senior Commercial Litigation Lawyer
Locum Contract - Full time 6 months +
Rate - £40 PAYE - £55 Umbrella per hour
Annual equivalent of £77,000 - £80,000k
Central London, Hybrid-Working
A Commercial Litigation Lawyer is required to join a Central Government department to provide high quality commercial Litigation advice on behalf of the central government body. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who has experience in providing advice on Litigation, disputes, contentious and advisory matters.
Senior commercial Litigation lawyers lead other commercial lawyers and support Deputy Directors.
If successful, you will lead, manage, develop and supervise the work of other lawyers within your team. You will need to be comfortable working at pace and exercising judgment in relation to matters of national importance. You will be expected to role model sound professional skills and to provide strong professional leadership, helping to build capability in the organisation in line with corporate objectives.
This will allow you to obtain great quality work experience, training and support within a Central Government body!
Key Responsibilities of the Commercial Litigation Lawyer
- Provide legal advice on litigation, disputes, contentious and some advisory matters, for example intellectual property, across the full range of clients. Litigation experience is an essential requirement.
- Supporting the Deputy Director for the team in successfully delivering the work of the team
- Proactive and collaborative working with external delivery partners; helping to quality control their input, and helping to hold them account for delivery to time, cost and quality in relation to their litigation and disputes work
Required Skills and experience of the Commercial Litigation Lawyer
- 4-5 years PQE +
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister (or equivalent)
- Commercial Litigation or just Litigation experience - preferably in one of the areas outlined above
- Ideally Private sector experience but would consider Public Sector
- Would need to be operating within IR35
What is on offer for the Commercial Litigation Lawyer?
- Annual equivalent of £77,000k - £80,000k
- Hybrid working
- Access to Unique Government Work
- Long term contract lengths
- Client will wait up to 3 months' notice period
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established Central Government team that prides itself in the first-class service it offers to clients. Our client also offers the potential extension of your 6 month contract as a Commercial Litigation Lawyer and could wait notice period of up to 3 months.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Commercial Contracts and Procurement Lawyer role, please apply now, or contact Zanub Najmi at Sellick Partnership for a confidential conversation.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an inclusive and accessible recruitment business and we support applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances. We can adapt our processes to accommodate everybody, so please let us know how we can help improve your recruitment experience. Please note, our advertisements use years' experience, hourly rates, and salary levels purely as a guide based on the specific skills set out in the advert. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who can demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. Our Consultants assess based on the experience and skills evidenced on the CV. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.