Greater Manchester, England
£15 - £21 per hour
4 months ago
Sellick Partnership are recruiting a Senior HR Advisor on a temporary basis to provide generalist HR support service to a business, mainly taking responsibility for Employee Relations and associated admin and supporting with the coordination of recruitment, on-boarding, training activities and maintenance of relevant HR reports and trackers.
Key responsibilities of the Senior HR Advisor:
- Provide an effective HR point of contact, offering advice, coaching and guidance to managers on a range of people issues
- Taking ownership of people-related queries through to resolution.
- Ensure issues are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner and that solutions are actioned within agreed timescales
- Respond to all first line people related queries
- Track and report on high risk ER cases, long term sickness and Maternity/Paternity to ensure appropriate management of risk
- Assist in training managers in core HR activities, including, discipline and grievance, managing absence, conducting competency based interviews etc.
- Identify ER trends and "hot topics" to support the management team
- Work with the HR Services Team Leader and Manager to identify and exploit opportunities where HR can add value to the business by developing, re-using or adapting either new of previously developed solutions
- Take an active role in ensuring that all policies and procedures are up to date, legally compliant and implemented in a consistent and professional way.
- Ensure managers/employees are fully conversant with all policy/procedures and, where appropriate, the legal framework that supports the policy/procedures
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of all documentation, liaising with others in HR and the Finance department, as appropriate
- Provide relevant and timely HR management information to the business and the HR Manager(s) as required; review the data and identify any patterns or trends.
- Manage recruitment; attract and on board talent into the business including arrangement and delivery of assessment centres an
- Assist in the completion of pre and post-employment checks as required, according to agreed timescales and Company and client requirements
- Operate as part of a flexible HR Team
- Undertake ad hoc project work as requested.
Key skills of the Senior HR Advisor:
- CIPD Level 5 or above, or working towards a relevant CIPD qualification
- Previous experience of working in a generalist HR team, ideally within a Contact Centre environment with exposure to a range of people issues including absence management, grievance, disciplinary, capability and organisational change.
- The ability to work in a changing environment, managing a multiple activities at the same time
- Proactive self-starter and completer-finisher
- Sound knowledge of HR process and policies
- Understanding of employment legislation and its impact in the workplace
- Able to deal with sensitive and confidential issues and information
- Ability to use appropriate communication skills to establish good working relationships both within and outside of our Team
- Ability to work with and present solutions in a persuasive and concise manner
- Excellent communication, resilience and influencing skills
- Computer literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this Senior HR Advisor position then please apply now, or contact Kerry Norman, Specialist HR Recruiter at Sellick Partnership.
I will be reviewing CVs on a weekly basis and suitable candidates will be contacted as soon as possible.
Disclaimer: Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.