about 2 months ago
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
£300 - £350 inside IR35
Sellick Partnership are assisting a long standing client to recruit a Senior Infrastructure Engineer on a 3 month interim basis.
The team support 20,000 users across the North East, providing day to day planning and delivery of services to customers, coordinating projects and services on their behalf.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for:
- Supporting the provision of a high quality, efficient and customer focused ICT support service to a broad range of customer groups
- To provide cover in other service support areas within the department as appropriate
- Support change management process and procedures as required
- Support the development and use of the IT service knowledge base
- Support the creation, maintenance and update of ICT user guides
- Support the achievement of KPI's as defined in service level agreements
- Adhere to all relevant internal service management processes and procedures
- Take ownership of user service requirements and be pro-active when dealing with user requirements, providing an informative and knowledgeable response
- The post holder will be required to assist in negotiating with external suppliers for equipment or services; this will require written specification or briefs to be created outlining the required technical solutions that external suppliers or contractors will then action
- To provide and receive complex information relating to IM&T matters and to pass this on in a manner easily understood by the target audience.
- Assist with planning and implementation of new IT projects such as connecting new sites to the network and upgrading\migrating to new operating systems
- Propose policy or service changes which impact beyond own area such as any expertise in a particular area of IT support gained from previous experience or any current study areas
- Installs appropriate hardware and software ensuring adherence to IT Services policies and procedures.
- Takes responsibility for additional project work as required such as software and hardware rollout.
- Provide advice and guidance on a range of issues related to I.T.
- To monitor adherence to the local IT Security Policy
- To provide ad hoc advice and training to users of Data / Telecommunication systems
- Proactive in forging links with stakeholders across all organisations
- Provide Technical consultancy advise in relation to the best value for money robust ICT Solutions.
- Proven flexibility to enable project activities to be undertaken at weekend and evenings
- Ensure that all assets are handled in secure and consistent manner for configuration to disposal
- Conform with the Data Protection Act, Caldicott recommendations and IT security policy
- Ability to lift and transfer IT equipment to relevant sites
- Suitable technical professional qualification for a senior position e.g. MCSE, ITIL (practitioner), CompTia A+ or equivalent experience OR HND with suitable experience
- Significant experience in a senior technical support role within a complex IT environment
- Demonstrable track record in delivering complex targets and objectives to tight deadlines
- Experienced in Server build techniques as well as Network storage methodologies and virtualisation
- Experience of mentoring / managing staff within a department
- Experience of fault diagnosis and rectification in complex environments
- Production of technical documentation
- Working to IT service management best practice i.e. ITIL
- Hardware and software support
- Microsoft environment (operating systems, applications etc)
- Experience of health information systems such as EMIS, TPP, iSoft
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply or contact Adam Burgess at Sellick Partnership.
Do you know someone who is looking for a new job? Why not recommend them to Sellick Partnership and earn up to £1,000?
For every friend or colleague you refer that is placed by us, we will give you £100 worth of vouchers. If you refer more than one candidate to us within a 12 month period we will increase your reward accordingly. T&Cs apply, please see our website for further details.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.