Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a permanent Senior Investment Analyst for a fast growing and reputable financial service business based in Manchester. This role is available at an exciting time and the successful candidate will play a major part in the company's current growth project.
Due to the company experiencing a period of significant growth and is well positioned (both operationally and financially) to acquire substantial product in the coming years. The investment team is responsible for originating deals, portfolio pricing and modelling, structuring and closing of transactions.
The post holder will be joining a dynamic and entrepreneurial team and can expect daily interaction with board level executives. Accordingly, the role offers the opportunity for rapid progression, and strong performance will be quickly recognised and well rewarded.
The Senior Investment Analyst will work as part of the wider Finance team, supporting the CFO, Head of Pricing and Senior Investment Manager across several areas across several areas, including:
- the production of business cases to support purchasing decisions through the application of statistical forecasting models.
- the development and maintenance of statistical forecasting models.
- undertaking bespoke analysis to resolve highly technical financial problems.
- the analysis and manipulation of data to assist in the production of investment memorandums for consideration by the investment committee.
- developing new approaches and methodologies for forecasting cash flows and developing investment theses.
- post-acquisition, early review and analysis of actual performance vs. forecast
- performing on-site due diligence on potential investment opportunities.
- dealing with creditors and financial institutions in the UK and Europe, to obtain sale documents and data files.
The ideal candidate will have a very strong academic record ideally having a statistical, maths or numerate degree coupled with experience within a similar role and ideally in the financial services sector.
You will be a quick learner with the ability to think on their feet, self-motivated, highly numerate, proficient in Excel and SQL and confident in communicating with stakeholders, some of them senior members of the business. Specific training will be provided in relation to other analytical tools, such as SAS, where appropriate. Prior experience in the development of statistical models and a strong data manipulation skillset would be seen as advantageous.
You will have experience with data extraction, manipulation and good presentation skills. The role requires an ambitious and proactive individual who enjoys applying a strong commercial focus, with the ability to understand business strategy, identify and interpret financial trends. You will enjoy building robust and productive analysis to support and challenge all areas of the business.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment operating across the UK. Over the last ten years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.