£43857 - £47841 per annum + excellent package
8 months ago
Senior Lawyer - Adult Social Care
Salary £43,857 - £47,841 D.O.E
Relocation package available subject to terms and conditions
Full time or part time working will be considered
Sellick Partnership is currently recruiting a senior adult social care lawyer to join a local authority in the heart of Devon on a permanent basis. You will be part of a thriving adult social care team. This a fast paced and varied role where your contribution will play a huge role in ensuring successful outcomes for the vulnerable adults concerned.
- Primarily dealing with Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards challenges and Mental Capacity Act decision-making
- Assisting in other areas of Adult Social Care including Ordinary Residence disputes, Care Act duties and Mental Health Act matters
- Overseeing the whole process of each case from pre-proceedings through to completion of the final hearing
You will be a practising solicitor, barrister or Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, and have demonstrable post-qualification legal experience. Local Government experience is not essential but some experience of advising on the Mental Capacity Act is required for this post.
Working in a public sector legal environment offers many advantages over private practice. There are no billing targets and the flexible working policy enables some flexibility in working hours, along with the possibility of homeworking - ensuring that you are able to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- 24 days annual leave rising to 28 after 5 years' service plus bank holiday and public holidays
- Access to the attractive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working opportunities, including flexitime and homeworking opportunities
- Personal development opportunities
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in some interesting work alongside joining a legal team who promote personal development and a healthy work/life balance.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for this adult social care role, please apply now or contact Natalie Ferguson in our Manchester office for more information.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.