£66000 - £70000 per annum
14 days ago
September / October 2023
Senior Lawyer and Deputy Head of Legal Services
1 year Fixed Term Contract
Maternity Leave Cover
Senior Lawyer and Deputy Head of Legal Services is required to join a Charity based in Hertfordshire on a 1 year fixed term contract to cover a period of maternity leave in the team.
This is an excellent in-house opportunity for a qualified Solicitor, Legal Executive or Barrister who has strong employment law experience either working for a Charity previously or has strong employment experience within an in-house setting.
Duties include but not limited to;
- Maintain an understanding on exisiting employment law and keep up to date on changes in any legislation and regulations to ensure this complies with the operation of the Charity. Employment law matters are contentious and non contentious to include TUPE, Redundancy, tribunal claims, grievance and disciplinary.
-Revising and drafting policies and procedures to make an impact on internal and external commercial and employment relations and compliance to include reviewing and amending employment contracts
- Be able to advocate before court or instructing counsel, advocacting on behalf of the charity both through informal and formal mediation and settlement processes
- Deliver corporate projects
- No direct line management but offering support to more junior members of the team
It would be highly beneficial for candidates to have experience within corporate governance and company secretarial matters within a charity however this is not essential for the role.
- 35 hour working week / flexible working hours (willing to consider 4 days per week)
- 1 day a week office, rest remote working
- 29 days holiday PLUS bank holidays
- 7% Employer Contribution pensions scheme
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to progress in their career to the next step. You will be assisting with participating and leading on strategic projects along with delivering and designing training.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Chelsey Newsom in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.