£49960 - £53682 per annum
about 1 month ago
Senior Legal Counsel Commercial & Procurement
Full-Time or Part-Time
Salary: £49,960 - £53,682 (this role may be eligible for an additional £5,000 market supplement allowance depending on skills and experience)
Closing date: 23:55 on Sunday 3rd July 2022
Are you a skilled Commercial Contracts and Procurement lawyer looking for a permanent position in a dynamic, high profile, and fast-paced public sector institute legal team?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and qualified Commercial Contracts and Procurement lawyer to join our client's highly commended and friendly team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate must be qualified to practise as a Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal Executive in England and Wales. You can work on a full-time or part-time basis and have the ability to work flexible, non-traditional working patterns. You can also work and be based anywhere in the UK but you will need to attend the London or Coventry office once per week, or minimum once a fortnight (all travel expenses are paid for).
The successful candidate will support the general counsel in providing legal advice to the business on all aspects of the institute's procurement function and be responsible for the provision of legal advice across all of the institute's activities. Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing advice and support in respect of procurement, in particular:
- Potential revisions to the key commercial principles, invitation to tender documents, the contracts, the strategic approach to be adopted and the evaluation and moderation process;
- Providing advice and support in connection with other general procurement related matters. Depending on the work flow of the Legal Team, you may be expected to advise on other aspects of the Institute's work, such as the following issues:
- Advising on matters relating to trademarks and other intellectual property.
- Advising on regulatory and public law issues.
- Advising on contractual matters.
- Advising in connection with threatened or actual judicial review proceedings.
- Advising in connection with any litigation commenced by, or defended by, the Institute.
- Advising on freedom of information requests made to the Institute.
- Advising on data protection issues.
There are fantastic benefits included such as:
- A great member pension scheme with an extremely generous employer contribution of up to 27% of your pay!
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Generous annual leave entitlement up to 30 days after 5 days of service.
- Learning and development training tailored to your role.
- A wide variety of staff support networks including access to wellbeing network, BAME network, and Diversity and Inclusion network.
This is a brilliant and rare opportunity to join a well-regarded and highly acclaimed public sector institute, roles like this don't come available often so if you have the relevant skills apply now to avoid missing out! Should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Rayhaneh Tehrani in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.