Senior Legal Counsel Public and Regulatory Law
£49960 - £53682 per annum
0161 834 1642
Senior legal counsel Public and Regulatory Lawyer
Full-Time or Part-Time
Salary: £49,960 - £53,682 (this role may be eligible for an additional £5,000 market supplement allowance depending on skills and experience)
Closing date: 23:55 on Sunday 3rd July 2022
Are you an experienced Public and Regulatory Lawyer looking for a permanent position in a dynamic, high profile, and fast-paced public sector institute legal team?
Our client is looking for a skilled and experienced Public and Regulatory Lawyer to join their highly commended and friendly team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate must be qualified to practise as a Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal Executive in England and Wales. Flexible and non-traditional working patterns are encouraged and you can work on a full-time or part-time basis from anywhere in the UK, you will only need to attend the London or Coventry office once per week (all travel expenses are paid for).
The successful candidate will support the general Counsel and work closely with other members of the team on all aspects of the institute's legal function, although you will focus primarily on:
- Advising on public law and regulatory issues in connection with a range of powers exercised by the institute, including powers to approve technical qualifications and occupational standards.
- Providing expert advice in relation to organisational decision making, policy and process design and development and statutory interpretation (including advice in connection with the implementation of new legal powers/duties).
- Advising in connection with threatened or actual judicial review proceedings.
- Supporting and facilitating the institutes internal review mechanism (procedural review) to ensure that decision making is fair, consistent and lawful.
- Advising in connection with any litigation commenced by, or defended by, the institute.
- Advising on governance related matters (including in connection with minutes produced by various institute committees), data protection and freedom of information law.
There are fantastic benefits included such as:
- A great member pension scheme with an extremely generous employer contribution of up to 27% of your pay!
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Generous annual leave entitlement up to 30 days after 5 days of service.
- Learning and development training tailored to your role.
- A wide variety of staff support networks including access to wellbeing network, BAME network, and Diversity and Inclusion network.
This fantastic opportunity to join a well-regarded and highly acclaimed public sector institute is incredibly rare, so if you have the relevant skills we encourage you to apply now to avoid missing out! Should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Rayhaneh Tehrani in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.