South Derbyshire, Derbyshire
£33136 - £36153 per annum
24 days ago
Are you looking to join a Legal and Democratic Services Team which is committed to making a tangible difference to their community? Are you a qualified Solicitor or Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives? Do you possess the knowledge and experience of local government law needed to drive an organisation forward? If the answer to the above is 'Yes', this could be the perfect career choice.
As a Senior Legal Officer you will join a stable team which is dedicated to working in an environment of mutual understanding and trust. You will be able to thrive in a fast moving, high pressure environment with ever shifting priorities, and be able to work independently (as well as within the team) to ensure your caseload is effectively managed and deadlines met. You should have sound knowledge and experience of dealing with property matters, and experience in contract or planning matters would be highly advantageous.
The Senior Legal Officer will:
- Support the delivery of an effective and efficient legal service to the Council.
- Provide legal advice to Officers and Elected Members on matters within the functions of the Council.
- Draft and settle legal documents, in particular relating to commercial property matters, both commercial and non-commercial transactions.
- Handle the sale and purchase of land, mortgages, licenses to assign, leases, easements and other conveyancing matters.
- Provide advice with regards to contracts, including drafting and amending commercial and other contracts.
- Undertake the conveyancing in relation to the Council's Right to Buy transactions.
This really is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful, innovative, and exciting team. In return, the role offers responsibility, challenge, huge variety (in relation to areas of the Law covered by the post).
This Senior Legal Officer role offers a brilliant benefits package which includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent starting salary
- Flexible working hours
- Pension scheme
- Job share possibility
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Kate Jasper in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.