Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £60000 per annum
10 months ago
Sellick Partnership is currently sourcing a Senior Management Accountant for an established business based in South Manchester. The client that we're representing are in a period of change and have recognised the need to improve their internal financial processes in order to deliver improved efficiencies. The business is currently in the midst of driving through a number of key initiatives in order to reach several pre-defined strategic objectives. With an established team already in place it is essential that the incoming individual is technically strong, has the ability to challenge and manage a small team.
With an established team in place the Senior Management Accountant plays an integral part in the success of the wider business. Once in role the candidate will be responsible for managing two business locations and will play a key role in the transitioning of functions between the sites.
Further aspects of the role include:
- Lead all management accountant activity across two organisational sites
- Completion of all monthly, quarterly and half year accounts
- Provide financial and management information to key stakeholders across the business
- Conduct extensive analysis of the businesses results, plans, forecasts and future strategy
- Conduct widespread financial modelling to support the strategic planning and budgeting exercises
- Take ownership of all forecasts and budgets processes
- Business partner with senior stakeholders (executives, project managers and cost centre owners) to ensure the business delivers on strategic objectives
- Provide financial analysis for projects at their inception stages
- Assist on the delivery of complex business cases and ensure that levels of governance are maintained
- Manage a small finance team of 3 part qualified accountants
Candidates wishing to apply for this role will be a technically strong CCAB qualified accountant with experience of working in a larger businesses with multiple sites. The candidate will have a proven track record in delivering a complete management accounting process and working across complex projects with multiple stakeholders. From a skills perspective the interim must have high level stakeholder management skills and assist non accounting managers with complex financial analysis. Further to this they will be well versed in implementing and enhancing financial controls and understand the financial aspects of project management.
The successful candidate be highly proficient in Excel and will have a strong commercial, regulatory and financial understanding and be available to start a new role at short notice. Strong communication, organisational, planning and negotiating skills are essential.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website